Daisy Direct2 for Microsoft Teams is a suite of services designed to address your home working / remote working collaboration requirements in three ways; for businesses looking to provide external calling, call centre and voice recording capabilities directly from Microsoft Teams, for integration into an existing telephony solution, or for a brand-new telephony platform within a Microsoft Teams cloud environment. To learn more about Direct2 for Microsoft Teams click here >
- When working with both new and existing technologies, high-quality voice communication must always be possible – at the lowest available cost.
- Online and offline, and whether ‘one to one’ calling or ‘one too many’ conferencing communication – all of these voice communication methods can be executed through an integrated UC technology platform.
- Your BYOD initiatives and legacy systems can also be supported and incorporated into a true UC strategy.
- Communication-as-a-Service – A secure and proven suite of rich services including IP communications, instant messaging and presence, mobile collaboration and conferencing – all delivered on a predictable, low cost, per user per month basis. It can be provided through a tailored delivery model to suit your requirements.
- The previously complex and distributed workforce environment – where communicating in silos was the norm – is no longer practical. With unified messaging, you have the ability to route inbound communications according to customer preference, self-determining an appropriate response or outcome.
- True unified messaging puts voicemail, email, fax, SMS, MMS and written correspondence into one fully integrated location to form an integral part of your UC solution. So in today’s unified and tightly integrated world, you can listen and react to customer preferences, managing their expectations and maintaining your relationships – even in a decentralised organisation.
- Whether standard or HD quality, video communication is becoming a key success driver for true collaboration within decentralised working groups.
- This type of communication was often thought of in the form of complex and costly video conferencing room installations, which were often under-utilised. But the days of needing a single technology vendor to deliver immersive conferencing sessions are gone, as new UC platforms enable these sessions through private and/or public connectors in any location – making video collaboration easy to use, low cost and completely effective.
- Video-as-a-Service – Video conferencing empowers your organisation to improve relationships with customers and business partners and between workgroups. However, the high cost of video infrastructure can often be a serious obstacle to adopting this type of technology. Our cloud based services make video conferencing available through a consumption based model, with predictable costs – which significantly lowers your entry level investment.