The future is around the corner – 2025 will bring us Microwave Power Plants1, the founding of U.S.R2 and the end of Integrated Services Digital Network (ISDN) and Public Switched Telephone Network (PSTN) services. So whilst the latter may not be as sensational as the rest, it still spells a fundamental change to the way UK organisations will need to operate.
Goodbye old telephone network.
Hello new opportunities!
We know every organisation is different, that’s why we’ll ensure you get the support you and your business need to make an informed decision about your future – be that with an on-premise communications platform, deploying Session Initiated Protocol (SIP) connectivity or going the whole hog and moving to a fully-hosted cloud infrastructure.
Daisy offers an entire range of business-grade broadband and fibre options, alongside dedicated connectivity using Ethernet technology. We will work with you to provide the best option based on your business requirements. Take a look here.
2The founding of U.S.R – like in I, Robot – set in 2020
VoIP Vs ISDN
|Savings||Saves up to 50% on line rentals and 25% on calls||Expensive|
|Flexibility||You’re in control. Add lines, take them away, split calls – it’s up to you||Inflexible|
|Control||Choose how and where you want calls delivered. Make changes instantly||Changes take months. At the mercy of suppliers|
|Future||Well mapped out and ready for voice/data convergence||Going nowhere fast|
|Contigency||Handles emergencies with ease. Business continuity enabled and can reroute calls to backup sites in seconds||Hope nothing bad happens|
- We work with over 2,000 UK businesses across all sectors
- We manage more than 250,000 broadband connections
- 96% of the UK’s internet traffic relies on Daisy-supported infrastructure
- 24/7/365 customer service and support
- We own a 200GB core network (interconnected with all the major Tier 1 carriers)
- Largest engineering force in the UK
- Our first contact fix is 83% (industry standard 75%)
- Customer data is housed in 11 UK data centres built to Tier III standards
- On all 11 lots of the PSN framework